Saturday, March 30, 2013

Why only Newar becoming Miss Nepal ?


Miss Newa or Miss Nepal?


(To read detail on this, please go to this)





This 20th March, Nepal got a new Miss Nepal, Ishani Shrestha of Thapathali. She should be congratulated well, and I wish for her success in one year as the Miss Nepal.
I suspect the organizers have some irregularities there selecting Miss Nepal. I might be wrong, but why are there four back-to-back Newar Miss Nepals ? Sadikshya Shrestha, Malina Joshi, Shristi Shrestha, and now, Ishani Shrestha. And Ishani already denied that she is chosen because she is a Newar.
Nevertheless,  strong voices have been generated against this year’s Miss Nepal’s selection. Simply looking-wise, more beautiful participants were there, they say! I am amazed is this Miss Nepal or Miss Newa?

5 comments:

  1. Well, I can't say for Sadikshya, but the other three were deserving to say the least. Sahana Vajracharya or Samriddhi Rai were more deserving in Sadikshya's case. Miss Nepal is not just about "beauty", look at how they performed in other parts of the beauty pageant. The question round, personality tests, and other factors like height, talent show, confidence, and others do factor in I suppose. The question-answer round especially is a do or die. This year Sipora Gurung screwed up bad in that round, similarly I remember Samriddhi Rai messing up that round and being ultimately kicked off as well. It just so happens that the right girl the judges want happened to have been a Newar girl for the past four years. You might say the judges or the sponsors maybe biased, but I frankly don't see that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Firstly, many many thanks for writing comment after reading the piece!
      I think I can say about Sadikshya. She is intelligent. She represented St. Xaviers college in a debate competition in India once, and placed 3rd as well. Yeah, Sahana and Samriddhi were also deserving. I was also hoping for Sipora. Lastly, I haven't noticed this fact (of 4 back-to-back Newar miss nepals) until this year. But, as Ishani got declared Miss Nepal, I couldn't stop myself raising this issue. She is not beautiful, I can say confidently. Or at least, less beautiful than other contestants. And, I am just raising the issue, nothing more! I guess, organizers should make the process of selection more transparent.
      Anyway thank you 4 ur views!

      Delete
  2. sure mate.
    if another newar wins next year as well, and add to that another shrestha, then I might join in your suspicion as well hehe..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha...okay buddy! anyway thanks for writing.

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

guys please comment hai!