Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Asking for a lift!

Today, I was going to Putalisadak. In fact, I always go there. Its my job in there, stupid! Thanks to India's blockade, petroleum products are meagerly supplied. Legally. 

 
Through black marketing, gallons of petroleum are available in Kathmandu. You have to pay at least 300 rupees for a liter of petrol. And for 200 rupees, you can easily get a liter of diesel. Mixing turpentine oil in the petroleum is oblivious to earn more money! Nevertheless, many Kathmanduities are rich enough to ride their vehicles paying triple price for petroleum.
I am not one of them. So I use public vehicles. Sometimes I ask for lifts. Today was such a day. I waved to a biker at Tinkune chowk. Luckily, he stopped by. I asked where he going. He replied – "Thapathali." "Please drop me to Maitighar." I happily said. He agreed. But this kind of conversation is not possible every day. Because bikers don't always stop when I signal them to give me a lift. Many don't care at all. A few say "ma tyahi samma ho." And few big-hearted people stop.
I want to share one interesting event. Around 2/3 days ago, two girls with a boy (aged about 14) were standing in Baneshwor chowk probably waiting for a public vehicle. A biker came by and stopped near them. "Ka samma jane?" he aske. One girl replied – "we are here to put our little brother into the bus to Gatthaghar." Coincidently, the biker was going that same way. But he refused to give lift to the boy saying – "If you girls were going, I would take. I won't give lift to boy." How shameful!
It may seem natural to males to be attracted towards females. But above incident is purely lamentable. All in all, if you are a girl, you get lifts easily for the fact that most riders are males! J Don't take me as a racist. It is a fact. And there are facebook group like Carpool to connect lift askers and providers as well.


Whatever are other aspects, I can surely say this scarcity made Nepali more cooperative and helpful by giving/asking lift!

2 comments:

guys please comment hai!